Customer Communication and Engagement
Job Description Summary:
The Customer Communication and Engagement Specialist is responsible for coordinating the timely response to customers
concerns, complaints or queries on behalf of Air New Zealand with a goal of providing a first-time resolution via the customer’s
channel of choice.
Also responsible for providing proactive communication to customers at times of disruption or during other significant events,
providing oversight and direction to various business areas to ensure adherence to our customer care vision.
• The coordination of proactive, timely and regular communications to customers in disruptions including direct messaging,
social media updates and publishing content to our websites.
• Responsible for all customer correspondence, regardless of channel (Email, Voice, Social, Face to Face). This includes
handling escalations on behalf of the Executive team and representing Air New Zealand at Disputes Tribunal Hearing.
• As a SME you will be accountable for sound decision making on customer recovery matters and provide advice and
guidance to other parts of the business.
• Intercept potential customer issues and put in place strategies to rectify and recover the situation proactively by developing
solutions specific to individual needs.
• Proactive notification to key stakeholders of events or potential events that could impact customers and/or our brand.
• Ensure a highly cooperative and effective relationship with the Customer Care team and wider stakeholders.
• Protection of the Air New Zealand brand in the area of digital media.
• Create ‘moments of magic’ for our customers who may have been affected by an event or who may require specialised
follow up on future flights.
• Maintain oversight of customer recovery options and solutions to minimise the negative impact upon the customers and our
• “Closing the loop” on issues identified across multiple mediums.
• Contribute to and support the Customer Experience strategy for the Air New Zealand Group.
• Ensure compliance with all regulatory and legislative requirements.
• Provide insights and reporting of customer queries/issues to internal stakeholders to align with the continuous improvement
in the Customer Experience strategy.
• A minimum of one year in a front-line customer service role.
• Experience in dealing with difficult and challenging customer situations.
• Previous Air New Zealand customer service/operations experience or airline/travel industry knowledge.
• Tertiary qualification in communication or marketing or equivalent relevant experience in customer service role which reflects
strong customer service ethic.
10/08/2022 8:42 AM
• It’s a passion for performance and excellence with integrity. Performance defined as uniquely Kiwi and world-class customer
experience. This is competitive leadership. It’s placing a fresh emphasis on innovation, stepping out of our comfort zones to
challenge the status quo.
Customer Focus & Excellence:
• It’s externally focused on customers and ensuring our costs add value to their experience. We strip out the costs and
complexity that customers are simply not prepared to pay for.
Accountability and Responsibility:
• This is performance-driven leadership. “I will deliver against KPIs, holding myself to the highest standards. I will also hold
other people accountable—by setting clear expectations and then giving feedback on progress. It’s taking responsibility for
my own portfolio and accountabilities, not just by delivering my results but by helping my team deliver.” Finally, it’s personally
driving change and using operational discipline to deliver on the promise.