Vertex Aerospace, Flight Int.
Newport Information, VA
Full Job Description
- Anticipated to be obtainable for scheduling twenty-four hours a day seven days per week. A draft weekly schedule is produced with remaining flight assignments printed the night prior.
- Full the required preflight, by means of flight and publish flight inspections of the plane.
- Full annual flight checks in accordance with 14 CFR 135.293.
- Help in flight planning by finishing weight and stability calculations and cargo manifests, performing plane efficiency calculations and making ready the TOLD card.
- Help with the boarding of any passengers, together with any required passenger briefings, and the loading of bags and/or cargo.
- Carry out Pilot Flying and Pilot Not Flying duties together with:
- Communication and navigation worldwide IAW 14 CFR Half 135, ICAO and relevant DOD rules.
- Advanced profiles with exactly timed heading, altitude, and pace modifications.
- Low altitude flight right down to 100 toes AGL over water or 300 toes AGL over land.
- Formation flight.
- Air intercepts in accordance with the present Prime Gun guide.
- Banner Tow for air to air gunnery.
- Goal Tow for floor to air gunnery and RDT&E.
- Digital Warfare utilized for air to air or air to floor.
- Keep an plane suitable set of headphones with operable increase microphone.
- Different duties as assigned by the Chief Pilot or Director of Flight Operations.
- Communication proficiency
- Technical capability
- Collaboration expertise
- Pilot expertise commensurate with airline transport pilot requirements
Supervisory accountability: This place has no supervisory duties.
Work atmosphere & bodily calls for:
This job primarily operates in a Learjet 35/36; nonetheless, additionally, you will work in an workplace atmosphere the place you’ll be required to make use of typical workplace gear. You have to be capable to preserve a FAA First Class Medical; climb onto and off of a Learjet wing as a part of the preflight, publish flight, or throughout an over wing emergency exit; crouch, stoop, and have digital dexterity for plane preflight and publish flight; incur publicity to fixed or intermittent sounds of a pitch or stage vital sufficient to trigger marked distraction or attainable listening to loss whereas performing operations on the airfield ramp; and have the endurance to execute flights of as much as 5 hours as much as a complete flight time of 10 hours per day throughout a 14 hour obligation interval.
Place kind and anticipated hours of labor:
This place is a full time place. Days and hours of labor differ, relying on schedules. You may be required to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
You may be required to journey CONUS and OCONUS roughly 10-30% of the time, probably extra relying on the variety of scheduled deployments which differ annually.
Required schooling and expertise
- Excessive College Diploma or Equal
- A Business Pilot certificates with Multi-Engine Land and Instrument Rankings
- 1500 hours whole time
- 1200 hours as PIC of mounted wing plane
- 500 hours cross-country
- 200 hours as PIC in multi-engine airplane
- 100 hours as PIC night time
- 75 hours instrument
- Present FAA First Class Medical
Most popular schooling and expertise:
- ATP Written or Multiengine ATP with Learjet Sort Ranking most well-liked
- Bachelors Diploma
- 1 to three years expertise as a hard and fast wing pilot with tactical background
Safety clearance: Should be capable to receive a Safety Clearance, present Safety Clearance most well-liked
- 1 12 months(s): Present top notch medical
- 1 12 months(s): Business pilot certificates with multi-engine land and instrument rankings
- 1 – 3 years: Mounted wing pilot with tactical background
- ATP written or multiengine ATP with Learjet kind score
- Excessive College or higher in Educational
- Bachelors or higher in Educational or associated subject
Equal Alternative Employer/Protected Veterans/People with Disabilities
The contractor won’t discharge or in every other method discriminate in opposition to staff or candidates as a result of they’ve inquired about, mentioned, or disclosed their very own pay or the pay of one other worker or applicant. Nevertheless, staff who’ve entry to the compensation data of different staff or candidates as part of their important job features can’t disclose the pay of different staff or candidates to people who don’t in any other case have entry to compensation data, until the disclosure is (a) in response to a proper criticism or cost, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, continuing, listening to, or motion, together with an investigation performed by the employer, or (c) per the contractor’s authorized obligation to furnish data. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)